What is a barrister called in USA?
English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

What is a barrister called in USA?

What is a barrister called in USA?

In the United States, the term "barrister" is not commonly used. The legal profession in the United States is typically divided into two main categories: attorneys and judges.

An attorney in the United States is a person who is licensed to practice law and represents clients in legal matters. Attorneys can specialize in various areas of law such as criminal law, civil law, corporate law, family law, and so on. They may also be referred to as lawyers.

On the other hand, a judge is an individual who presides over court proceedings and makes decisions based on the law. Judges can be appointed or elected to their positions, depending on the jurisdiction.

It's worth noting that legal terminology and practices can vary among different states in the U.S., so there may be some regional differences in the terminology used to refer to legal professionals. However, the term "barrister" is generally not used in the American legal system.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel